5 Best Commercial Pizza Ovens for 2020 Reviewed
A big part of what separates a good pizza from a truly GREAT pizza is the oven in which you bake it. I like to think I know a thing or two about pizza, and I can say from experience that a good oven makes for that mouth-watering pizza meal you crave.
Choosing the right commercial oven for your restaurant will help you stand out from the rest of the crowd and offer mind-blowing ‘za. Pizza ovens are superior to traditional ovens, and the difference shows in the flavour. From the stone decks to the capacity for high temperatures, these appliances are the only way you can start cranking out the best pizzas in town.
Now, don’t just go diving in to find the top-rated oven and buy it. Just as pizzas are all different, pizza ovens all have their strengths and weaknesses. Keep reading, and I’ll share my top favourite commercial pizza ovens and a guide to choosing the best one.
This guide will cover everything from the best price oven, as well as the commercial oven that’s easiest to use. Then, we can dive into all the questions you should ask yourself about your pizza oven needs before you purchase.
The Best Commercial Pizza Ovens
1. Adexa PF6262DE
- – Capable of cooking a large number of pizzas.
- – Electrically powered.
- – Large and heavy
Adexa, one of the United Kingdom’s most trusted suppliers of world-class catering equipment, brings you the PF6262DE electric pizza oven. Like all Adexa’s products, this oven is sourced directly from from a top-quality manufacturer, ensuring excellent standards at an affordable price.
2. Adexa PO15
- – Easy to set up and use
- – Bakes pizzas quickly
- – Modern design
- – Great price for the quality
- – Doesn’t cook greasy foods
- – Can’t be operated outdoors
If you know me and how much I love my food, you’ll understand why I’m particular about my pizza oven. You might call it being pedantic, but the crust must be the right golden brown, and each crumb as perfect as possible.
In my hunt for the perfect pizza crumb, I stumbled across the Adexa PO15 Electric Pizza Oven. It was love at first bake, and I immediately understood why the reviews were so positive. Other users had clearly been struck by the same arrow that had me writing this review… once I could drag myself away from my pizza.
Adexa definitely lived up to its reputation as one of the UK’s leading suppliers of catering equipment with this product. Read more about my experience with the Adexa PO15 electric oven below.
3. Adexa PF5050E
- – Fire-proof safety glass door
- – Separate top and bottom temperature control
- – Integrated chimney
- – Large interior chamber – cook four pizzas or bread items at once
- – 4000W power
- – Manual controls
- – Only one style available
The Adexa PF5050E Electric Pizza Oven is one of the most useful designs I have seen. Its large one-chamber interior is big enough for any chef to make four separate pizzas (or a multitude of different dishes) all at once, making it great for restaurants, pizzerias, or even larger family homes.
This product has really impressed me – it sets itself aside as one of the best electric pizza ovens available at a mid-range price. The high quality of this product means that users can be confident it’ll hold up even when used constantly. Find out more about why I loved using this oven below!
4. Adexa EPO02
- – Stainless steel finish provides a sturdy frame
- – Versatile in what it can cook
- – Large belt width
- – Capable of high temperatures without overheating
- – Features a 12 month spare part warranty
- – Potentially a little large for smaller businesses; check measurements before committing to any purchase
Pizza is potentially one of the most popular foods on the planet. It’s one of my personal favourites, to the point where I can’t fully trust anybody who tells me they aren’t on board with it. It’s a staple at every buffet, party, restaurant, and cafe, so equipping your establishment with the appropriate pizza oven is a must.
The Adexa EP002 is an ideal appliance for commercial establishments. It features state-of-the-art equipment and comes from a brand with an excellent reputation for manufacturing high-end catering equipment. But don’t take my word for it—check out what the Adexa EP002 can deliver.
5. Adexa PO04
- – Compact size for its power
- – Insulated with fibreglass
- – Premium stainless steel body
- – Ideal for indoor cooking
- – Heat-resistant
- – Easy to plug in and use
- – Warranty does not cover damages after the delivery is signed for (so be sure to check for any damages before signing for the delivery!)
Love making pizzas, but don’t want the hassle of buying charcoal or gas for a fire or gas pizza oven? Look no further than the Adexa PO04 electric pizza oven.
The Adexa PO04 is a compact electric pizza oven that was truly made for those passionate about pizza. There are two oven chambers that can hold eight 8″ pizzas between them, with adjustable temperatures up to 350 degrees Celsius. With interior lighting and an extra-large viewing window, it’s easy to see how your pizza is cooking.
Find out how I got on using this mammoth pizza oven below!
What is an Commercial Pizza Oven?
The category of commercial pizza ovens encompasses several sub-categories. These include deck ovens, wood-fired ovens, conveyor ovens, and convection ovens.
Pizza ovens are quite different from standard commercial ovens. Conventional ovens do not usually have a construction explicitly made to handle pizzas, calzones, and garlic bread, not in the way pizza ovens can. Pizza ovens consist of different types of stones that can heat up to much higher temperatures at a faster rate. For you, that means faster cooking times and consistent temperatures to bake the cheese, toppings, and crust to perfection.
Besides the material, the size also matters. Commercial appliances are much larger than personal pizza ovens for home use. Commercial pizza ovens consistently excellent pizzas at a rate fast enough to keep up with the demand! It makes the difference between being just a pizza place and an authentic pizzeria.
Why Choose a Commercial Pizza Oven?
While you can certainly make a tasty pizza in a regular commercial oven, it just won’t produce the same level of quality as a commercial pizza oven. The main benefits of choosing a commercial pizza oven include:
- - Powerful flavor. Perfect Crust. Great to cook all kinds of food!
- - Ambience. A brick oven or large conveyor oven tell the dining guests how seriously you take your craft.
- - Efficiency. With a standard oven, you have limited space. It will take much longer to get orders out this way. With a special commercial pizza oven, you’ll be able to get them out to guests faster!
Things to Consider when Buying a Commercial Pizza Oven?
Before you pick what you believe to be the commercial pizza oven of your dreams, there are a few considerations that can help you out in the long run. Before buying, I recommend you ask yourself these questions:
- - How much pizza do I need to produce?
If you’re planning to have high production, consider a conveyor oven! They keep things going as fast as possible for high-volume cooking. If you expect medium levels of production, you might enjoy a deck or a brick oven. Alternately, if you will have low volume, your best bet might be a commercial pizza convection oven.
- - How much space do I have available?
Are you working with a small space? A convection takes up much less space than a conveyor, brick oven, or pizza deck. For a slightly larger space, a deck oven will be just right. If you have lots of space to work with, you’ll benefit from a conveyor oven.
- - How much money am I willing to spend on a commercial pizza oven?
The budget is a real consideration that any professional kitchen will have to include before purchasing. For a low budget, you can get a good pizza convection oven for anywhere between $1k - $10k. You can get a portable countertop oven for even less! If you’ve got a little more money to work with, look at conveyor ovens and deck ovens between 5k and 30k.
- - What kinds of pizzas am I planning to make?
Certain ovens lend themselves better to certain kinds of pizza, which means if you’re planning to get creative with your pizzas, you can find an oven made for them. For thinner crusts and fewer toppings, you’ll see great results with convection or conveyor pizza ovens. For a thicker crust and a heavier topping load, a deck or brick oven will work perfectly.
How to Use a Commercial Pizza Oven?
Pizza ovens are incredibly diverse and versatile. Each pizza oven will have a slightly different operation process, so it’s hard to generalise. You’ll need to spend more time researching the specific model you end up buying to get the full lowdown on exactly how to use it.
For example, a conveyor oven can take lots of pizzas, one at a time, on a continual basis. A brick oven can take several all at once. However, they all will require a similar pizza-making process. It will look a little something like this:
- Make your dough. Let it rise. Bring to room temperature before shaping.
- Shape dough into whatever you want: pizza crust, breadsticks, calzones, etc.
- Add your sauce and toppings. (Save fresh herbs for after cooking!)
- Crank up the heat. Don’t be afraid to get it real hot. You want it to heat for a little while before sending the pizza in for maximum crispiness on the crust.
- Place the pizza in the oven with a baking stone, baking steel, or pizza rack.
- Watch for the bubbling deliciousness of the cheese and take out when crust reaches the level of brownness you love.
The Difference an Oven Can Make
I hope this guide has aided you in your journey to find the right pizza oven for your pizza business! I know how many options are out there to sort through, and it can get overwhelming quickly. I made this guide so that you can see my top picks for commercial pizza oven as well as understand what you should know and consider about pizza ovens before purchasing anything. For great pizza content, you can always count on me to deliver!