4 Best Electric Pizza Ovens for 2020 Reviewed
Electric pizza ovens provide an awesome way to get delicious home-cooked pizza indoors in minutes. Many wood-burning pizza ovens are extremely heavy and difficult to maintain, whereas electric pizza ovens provide a more convenient alternative. Pizza ovens that are electric also tend to be less expensive, letting even pizza aficionados on a budget create something special at home. Electric ovens let everyone get in on the fun regardless of experience, price-range, or time commitments. These enthralling devices make cooking dinner a more entertaining experience. Who says you can’t have fun making food as you do eating it?
Here I will detail some of the top products in this emerging category of pizza making devices. I’ll share with you which electric pizza maker currently on the market is my overall favourite. I’ll also let you know my picks for the best price and the most user-friendly models. Then, I’ll wrap up with some things to keep in mind when determining which oven will best fit your lifestyle. Hopefully, all this information will help you to decide easily on a stellar electric pizza oven. Are you ready? Let’s go!
The Best Electric Pizza Ovens
We have reviewed the following Electric pizza ovens, covering enthusiast-level models intended for lighter use, to the most advanced commercial units available:
|G3 Ferrari G10006 Delizia Pizza Oven||Check Price||4.8||Read Review|
|Domo My Express Pizza Maker||Check Price||4.8||Read Review|
|Global Gourmet Electric Tabletop Pizza Maker Oven||Check Price||4.8||Read Review|
|Giles & Posner Italian Stone Baked Bella Pizza Maker||Check Price||4.7||Read Review|
So you want to make delicious pizzas at home? Well, you have come to the right place. Now we will delve into the ins and outs of electric pizza ovens so that you can make an educated choice when it comes to buying one of these fun devices.
1. G3 Ferrari G10006 Delizia Pizza Oven
- – Perfect Italian-style pizzas created
- – Cheaper compromise to outdoor ovens
- – Available in red and black
- – Can be hard to clean
- – Smokes if anything drips on stone
Available in red or black, this G3 Ferrari indoor pizza maker is well ahead of its rivals.
One of its biggest selling points is the fact that it can reach up to 390°C, unlike a lot of other indoor ovens. This is seen as an ideal temperature for pizza making, as it results in a crispy base and even cooking in a short time.
2. Domo My Express Pizza Maker
- – Versatile (makes anything from pizza to omelettes)
- – Easy to use
- – Wallet-friendly
- – No auto shutoff button
- – Long baking times (when compared to pizza ovens)
Domo really outdid themselves with the My Express Pizza Maker. Functional and affordable, this appliance may be all you need for crispy, flavourful pizza. It’s made from plastic and steel, bakes fresh or frozen pizza in 12 minutes, and has a total cooking surface of 30 centimeters.
3. Global Gourmet Electric Tabletop Pizza Maker Oven
- – Traditional design
- – Designed for four small pizzas
- – Well built and sturdy
- – Pizzas take around 8 minutes
Got your heart set on an indoor pizza maker yet want something that looks like an authentic outdoor pizza oven?
This electric Global Gourmet model looks like a more compact version of a clay oven that you would find in any pizzeria, with a genuine terracotta dome for a true taste of Italy. What’s more, it heats up to 225°C in around 10 minutes, so those last minute ‘pizza for dinner’ ideas are within easy reach.
4. Giles & Posner Italian Stone Baked Bella Pizza Maker
- – Less hassle than clay pizza ovens
- – Modern design
- – Available in black and red
- – Low price
- – More ‘fun’ than ‘professional’
Love the idea of fresh pizzas in a traditional oven but would rather not have to cook outside? Maybe you are low on space, or the price tag of your dream appliance is going to take a while to reach.
What is an Electric Pizza Oven?
Starting off with the basics, you may be wondering what exactly is an electric pizza oven. Well, it is a pizza-making device that uses electricity to produce heat. They are generally portable, available for use indoors, and smaller than other types of pizza ovens. Many models feature a stone hot plate as well as a hood to trap in the heat. They can reach temperatures of upwards of 390 degrees to produce the perfect pizza.
Why choose an Electric Pizza Oven?
There are many reasons why a person would want to invest in an electric oven. Let's go over a few now while simultaneously exploring why people might opt for electric over something like a wood-burning oven.
- Price - Large outdoor pizza ovens can cost hundreds of pounds, whereas you would be hard-pressed to find an overly expensive electric version. Some of the best ovens cost around £120. For those who just want to have a bit of at-home pizza fun without breaking the bank, electric ovens provide a wonderful alternative to more traditional options.
Portability - Classic outdoor wood-burning ovens can weigh 500 kilograms or more, making them extremely difficult to move. Essentially, if you want one in your backyard, it is becoming a permanent fixture. Whereas, electric versions often weigh less than five kilograms, can be moved easily, and barely take up any space.
Convenience - Electric pizza ovens can often cook a delicious meal in just a few minutes. Putting a pizza together is also a simple endeavour in which even kids can partake. If you are in a time crunch and need to feed hungry kids (or just yourself), then an electric pizza oven is a great way to get dinner on the table in a snap.
Enjoyment- Pizza ovens are fun! It is a great way for everyone to get in on the process of making dinner. It also provides a creative outlet for those with adventurous taste buds. Take dinner from ordinary to extraordinary with something as simple as an electric pizza oven. Making dinner doesn't have to be a chore; it can be an experience.
Health - While I'm still not trying to tell you that pizza is a vegetable, you do have more control over the ingredients when you make it yourself. When you construct it, you can ensure it only contains the freshest of ingredients. As a result, you can make healthier pizzas at home with an electric pizza oven than you could from the store.
Things to consider when buying an Electric Pizza Oven
Not all electric pizza ovens are the same, so it's imperative that you purchase one with the right features to accomplish what you desire. Before settling on a pizza maker, consider the following topics.
- What kind of pizza do you want to make?
- Some pizza ovens are only equipped to make certain types of pizza. For instance, if you are a die-hard deep-dish lover, then you might need to look for a model that specialises in this type of pizza.
- What is your primary purpose for purchasing?
- If you just want to have a fun time making dinner, then you could probably go with a cheaper model with fewer features because you're not looking to win any awards.
If you want to entertain many people, then you may want to look at fast-cooking options so that you can churn out a lot of pizzas quickly.
If you want to give Italians a run for their money, then you probably want to look for some of the more involved models on the market.
- How much are you willing to spend?
- Pizza ovens can run the gambit of prices from roughly 50-150 pounds. It is important to realise that this is a specialty item that you are unlikely to use every day. As a result, you might want to consider your price-per-usage when determining your budget.
- How user-friendly do you need it to be?
- If you've never cooked pizza on your own in your life, then you may want to consider pizza ovens with high ratings in user-friendliness. However, if you are a homemade pizza connoisseur, you could probably opt for something a little more robust so that you have more control over consistency and flavour.
How to use an Electric Pizza Oven
While each model will vary, there are few procedures that are typically standard. Generally, you must first plug the device in and set the temperature that you desire. Different temperatures are better for different types of pizzas. The instruction manual for your electric pizza maker will likely lay this out in detail. Then, you must wait until the pizza reaches the desired temperature. After that, simply place your pizza dough with toppings inside and set the timer. The oven should let you know when your pizza is done, for most models this is at most several minutes. Finally, carefully remove your pizza and let it cool. Invest in a wide, metal paddle to remove your masterpiece with ease. Presto! Perfect pizza from home.
Be sure to pay attention to the user manual of your specific model of pizza oven. It will lay out best practices and help you get the most out of your machine. Carefully reading your manual will also help extend the life or your device. If you ignore instructions, then it is unlikely that your machine will work as well as you would like.
Hopefully, you have found the information in this buyer's guide useful. I sincerely hope that you find the perfect electric pizza oven and have all the fun in the world with it.